Birthday Boy, one year on.
One year ago today, we revealed our poster design for Birthday Boy.
Since then we have:
- Screened at the British Film Institute (BFI) with the National Film & Television School.
- Had our world Premiere with BAFTA (A Ranking) Iris Prize LGBT+ Film Festival in Cardiff, Wales.
- Won the Co-op Iris Prize LGBT+ Film Festival audience award.🏆
- Been nominated for Best Student Film at BAFTA qualifying Norwich Film Festival and interviewed for the festival’s podcast.
- Been officially selected for, and traveled to Glasgow for BAFTA qualifying Scottish Queer International Film Festival.
- Been officially selected for the 40th year of BAFTA qualifying Cambridge Film Festival.
- Released our incredible soundtrack composed by Saul Bragman on all major streaming
- Caught up with Steff Barnett at ShoutOut LGBT+ radio (who supported us during our Kickstarter campaign!)
- Screened live (twice!) on Channel 4.
- Become available to stream on Channel 4’s #All4.
- Secured a great interview for our lead Sebastian Emmerson on Trans Radio UK.
- Toured Birthday Boy all around the U.K. with Iris On The Move, participating in Q+A sessions at Arts University Plymouth, HOME Manchester, Arts University Bournemouth, FACT Liverpool and Blackpool Central Library (in partnership with The Winter Gardens Film Festival).
- Featured in an article with the Blackpool Gazette.
- Had a wonderful chat with Festival Director Berwyn Rowlands for the Iris Prize Podcast.
- Made our US debut with Wicked Queer: Boston's LGBT+ Film Festival.
- Received a nomination for Best International Short at Pink Apple LGBT+ Film Festival in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Screened regularly throughout May and early June in Brighton, with Brighton Fringe Iris Prize: Trans Stories.
It’s been an incredible journey, and I feel so grateful for all of the opportunities - and we have more exciting news to announce very soon too!